Friday, January 8, 2010

Why I Hate GEO today

the GEO group just reached a settlement in the case of a beating death of one of its inmates (actually, the inamte was killed while guards and the warden looked on, then GEO tried to cover up the incident by destroying evidence). I know this isn't exactly a new reason to hate them, but I hate them for their track record and inability to manage a prison humanely, while they reap tens of millions of dollars in profits. I just can't fathom why a company that repeatedly pays out millions upon millions of dollars in lawsuits for their actions/inaction can still be in business. Oh, that's right; dick**** cheney owns a large stake of their parent company. I hate you too dick, because your influence over bushy in immigration policy pretty much single-handedly resurrected the private prison industry. You should be in prison, preferably a GEO one where the guards and administration turn a blind eye to assaults.

No comments:

Post a Comment