Friday, March 2, 2012

Fight Continues in SWR Florida

I just wanted to give a quick update on the fight in Southwest Ranches, Florida, where residents are adamantly opposed to a proposed CCA immigration detention center.  So I've got two quick links for you:

The first goes to an article describing all the rather subversive tactics and misinformation coming out of CCA's PR machine leading up to a vote of the town council.

And the second goes to an article detailing how the town council of Pembroke Pines, and more recently an advocacy group of citizens, have sent letters to President Obama asking him to intervene.  I hate to say this, but since he's ramped up ICE detention and deportations more than any President before him, I don't know how effective the letters will be.  But I do sincerely hope he steps in to stop CCA from running roughshod over this town and its citizens' interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment