Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Bit Off-Topic

With apologies to my regular readers who love hearing about all the travesties that take place daily inside our nation's private prisons, I must venture a bit off-topic with this post. I would like to encourage you to follow the title link to a online petition in support of commuting one of the most absurd prison sentences I've ever heard of. Richard Sipe was sentenced to 60 years in prison in Oklahoma for a nonviolent drug offense (his first). If you happen to think, like I do, that this punishment is incredibly disproportionate to the crime, please consider signing this petition to Governor Henry requesting that he commute Ric's sentence. This was a terrible miscarriage of justice and I'm asking the CCA-Hating community to help out. Ric happens to be incarcerated at a CCA facility, if you need any more encouragement. I hope you will all show your support. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment